I have been thinking about my decision of essentially disowning anyone who voted for Trump. Even though the reasoning is sound, it has grated on my logic bone. How can I claim to be open-minded when I said if you vote for Trump, you either support what he says and the ideologies he puts out there, or you’re too stupid to know any better. I’ve had zero conversations on the topic...no one has come forth and talked to me about it and I’ve approached no one about it either. Not that I don’t want to talk about it, but...well, I don’t. The few times I have talked to people about him, they excuse away what he has said and done; they simply don’t see it that way.
There are people with whom I want to talk about it, but we have never talked politics. I want to know who they voted for, but I also am scared to find out. I don’t want to lump them in with the others who voted for him, but if they didn’t, that would be good news.
I feel like a hypocrite. I catch myself judging people on not being open minded, but then I reassure myself that I am protecting my children from people who hate, or support/condone hate. But that consolation never lasts long and I have to fight away the dirty feeling.
I’m scared. I am disgusted. I am ashamed

No comments:
Post a Comment