There are some actions that should be obviously wrong. Basically, if that person's not your significant other is a good starting point. Even if you work with your spouse, there should be a modicum of decency. I am married and I am groped daily. But, both my wife and I know the difference between who to grope and to whom we can talk inappropriately. Depending on the severity (i.e., whether it was just touching or penetration of any kind, or a rude comment), there needs to be some communication. If I would make a crude comment to someone, I would expect them to ask me to not speak in that manner. I wouldn't expect to be served with notice. If I were to accompany said comment with a touch or a grope, then I would expect to be fired.
These are a lot of questions that need be asked, but aren't because we are so stuck on our sides, we can't decide what is good and what is bad. So, we go with extremes. She said he harassed her? Bastard. He's accused of murdering them? What an evil dick. We are quick to judge to make ourselves feel better.
There are many times I have seen women welcome the same actions these men are being fired for. Does that mean all women like to play grab ass? No, of course not. Should men not do that, regardless? Definitely not. But, again, no one is asking these questions.
When Matt Lauer had suggested that Meredith Vieira continue to bend over, any responsible adult should know that is inappropriate. But, WHAT IF the women have been reciprocal in the past. No means no, I get that. But what if she had commented on his tight pants showing off his bulge? Might he not have thought it okay to talk to her like that?
There are many times I have seen women welcome the same actions these men are being fired for. Does that mean all women like to play grab ass? No, of course not. Should men not do that, regardless? Definitely not. But, again, no one is asking these questions.
When Matt Lauer had suggested that Meredith Vieira continue to bend over, any responsible adult should know that is inappropriate. But, WHAT IF the women have been reciprocal in the past. No means no, I get that. But what if she had commented on his tight pants showing off his bulge? Might he not have thought it okay to talk to her like that?
I know that this sounds like 'Maybe she was asking for it,' or that I am defending this kind of action. There are sleezeballs who treat women like that, but then there are just socially inept men who can't read people for shit.
And because I can...There is video evidence and are more first hand accounts of Trump groping and molesting and whatnot.
Where's the Fucking outrage?
America, the hypocritical


No comments:
Post a Comment