Thursday, October 27, 2016
Confrontation (Brain Droppings)
I do have an overall fear of confrontation.
Maybe not wanting to be around people has to do with that.
I've always had this. It is interesting to note that this is not restricted toward negative confrontation. I have to work myself up to call people on the phone, even my friends.
Not wanting to make conversation with people is, more specifically, a fear of having to listen to them.
Inane conversation, communication that has nothing to do with anything we need to do or serves a purpose, like empty platitudes (I'm sorry for your loss, to name one). Knowing what they did that day, unless it involved a shootout or a life revelation or funny story, I don't want to know. Just because you are a friend does not negate the feeling of wanting to drive a rivet through my eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment