Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 11, 2016

Protesting: It's your right


I realized I don't have to address every slight or enter every argument.

I found myself arguing with someone about something government related. While I was ticked off, I did not rush back to my feed to see what he said next or try to bash or insult him. The point of all this is not to argue and insult the other side. The point of this is not to run away from arguments. The point of this is not to run to arguments either. 'Start the dialogue' doesn't mean trying  to do so to show them how it's done.

If you are upset over the election results, if you are scared or pissed or sad, you have to realize that what happened was not unforeseen. It was preventable, though. Everyone except his supporters underestimated him. He was an entertaining soundbite, fodder for jokes. He was not seen for the threat that he actually was.

You'll be called names. You might even be threatened, but if you persist in realizing that people lash out when threatened. Many see a discussion as a threat. Eventually, I think you will be able to stand being called names. And remember, every battle is fought differently. Some aren't worth your time.

You are not whiners. You are not babies. You are not sore losers. Whether people agree with you or not as to why you are protesting, it is your right. One of the first things they will tell you is that what you are doing is a waste of tie. They are merely pissed because the people who were screwed over actually have a voice, or they are jealous that you have the courage to make your voice heard.



No comments:

Post a Comment